GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Welcome to Going English, the place for cultural and educational opportunities and relations.
Thank you for engaging digitally with us. We ask you to take time to read these General Terms and Conditions carefully.
These General Terms and Conditions apply when you use any Going English services or resources.
If you access or use Going English services or resources, it is understood that you accept and agree to observe these General Terms and Conditions.
Please be aware that if you do not accept these General Terms and Conditions, you must not access or use Going English services.
In compliance with The Act of 18 July 2002 on the provision of electronic services (Dz. U. [Journal of Laws] of 2013, item 1422), the following are general facts on this website. Goingenglish.com is an Internet domain and registered trademark owned by Going English Agnieszka Glaczynska, with Tax ID number: PL7891728415, and registered in the Poland Company Registry (www.ceidg.pl) (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The use of the services and resources offered on and through the Going English website implies you agree to the following general terms:
General terms of service between Going English and the user:
- You may only register to access Going English services or resources if you are at least 18 years old. If you are under 18 years old and would like to access Going English services or resources, please ask your parent or guardian to register for that Going English services and confirm that they agree to these General Terms. If there is no requirement to register to access Going English services or resources, then the Going English is happy for you to access that Going English offer even if you are under 18.
- When you register in Going English you will have a username and password chosen by yourself which will later be sent to you by email. Going English is not responsible for misuse of passwords that you may incur in as a registered user. It is the user’s responsibility to properly manage the usernames and passwords provided to access as a registered user including their confidentiality and not reveal to third parties.
- To make use of Going English services the user must register as a client and thus implicitly declares that all information provided when registering is factual, precise and complete. According to the Personal Data Protection Law of 29 August 1997 (unified text in Journal of Laws of 2014 r., position 1182) the person who registers authorizes Going English to hold in an automated database all the personal information provided on the registration form, since it is required for adequately delivering the services. In order to exercise the rights to access, change, oppose or delete personal data, the user is informed that the sole manager of the database is the company Going English Agnieszka Glaczynska (20/5 Sowinskiego, Poznan, 60-283, POLAND. Telephone number: + 48 517 808 120, E-mail: email@example.com). Each data collection form available in this website will specifically detail the use and end of the collected data. Likewise, communication of such data is allowed to third parties when required for the appropriate delivery of services, always respecting the applicable law. The user allows Going English to email information on new products or services marketed by the company. Going English can be reached by above referred means of contact in order to revoke such consent.
- All content, brands, logos, drawings etc. presented on the Going English web page or used in connection with the programmes offered by Going English are protected by intellectual and industrial property rights which are reserved by Going English or, as the case may be, by the persons or companies who created them or hold the rights. Violation of these rights will be prosecuted in accordance with current legislation. Therefore, it is forbidden to copy, market, alter, distribute or publicly communicate by any means or manners the entire contents of the Going English web page for any other purpose beyond the users’ legitimate need for information or hiring the services. In all cases, prior written permission by Going English will be necessary.
- The user accepts that Polish legislation applies to this service’s operations, subjecting to the jurisdiction of the Courts of his/her home town if in Poland, or to the Courts of Poland if living abroad. The user expressly waives his/her right to any other jurisdiction which may correspond by law.
- Going English reserves the right to make any necessary changes to these general terms. Such modifications will be published and highlighted on Going English’s web page.
- Data sent or received by the user through the Going English web page, or information relayed by the latter, are protected by the most advanced online security measures. Likewise, data supplied and filed in our database are protected by security systems that impede the access of non-authorized third parties. Going English strives to keep systems updated to ensure the efficacy of such security measures.
- The links or connections to other WEB pages appearing on Going English pages are provided for the user’s convenience only, and Going English declines responsibility for products, services or contents offered or supplied in other dominion pages.
- Should any clause in these general terms declared totally or partially null and ineffective, such nullity and ineffectiveness will only affect the provision in question or the part that is null or ineffective, while the remaining parts will be upheld.
- How do we use the information you provide?
All information that you provide will be treated confidentially. Your personal data is only accessible to you and Going English personnel who are at your service. This is guaranteed because our web pages are hosted on a secure server. The server which hosts our web and where your data is kept, offers the most advanced data protection system, so no one lacking authorization can access the information.
Please be also informed that your personal data will be held in files owned by Going English Agnieszka Glaczynska and processed in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Law of 29 August 1997 (unified text in Journal of Laws of 2014 r., position 1182) in order to adequately provide the requested services, fulfill the company’s billing and accounting requirements, conduct statistical analyses, verify credit cards and other forms of payment, as well as to email you marketing information that could be of interest.
Your personal information will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and the duty of secrecy required.
You can exercise your rights to access, change, oppose or delete your data by providing Going English with a relevant request in this respect.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, small pieces of information that are stored on your computer, to analyse the use you make of the website.
Google, on behalf of our website also uses this information to compile reports on website activity and provide other services related to the use of Internet services. The IP address transmitted by your browser within Google Analytics is not associated with other data of Google.
You can prevent the storage of cookies via an integrated browser functionality. However, note that if you disable storage, you cannot fully use all the functions of our website.
You can find more information on the use and protection of data in Google Analytics at http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html or https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en-GB .
Our website includes social networking features such as Facebook and Twitter buttons. Such features may collect your IP address and information about the page you’re visiting and may set cookies to function properly. Interactions with these features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that offers them.
Access, Revision and Deletion of your information
You can access, review and correct registration information through your account page in “My Account”.
We will retain your information while your account is active or if we believe you may be able to return to be a user, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Name and surname
- Email address
- Postal address
Please note that deleted data can still be viewed without being present in our systems, due to caching systems, search engines and the interconnection of the proxy servers and the like.
- The prices shown on screen include applicable taxes and are current at all times, except for typographical errors.
- Self-Study Programme subscription cannot be cancelled once the payment is made. The user might change the topic of the programme and/or use the amount of money for: Live Learning Programme or Gift Card.
- Live Learning Programme subscription cannot be cancelled once the payment is made. The user might change the day and time of the lesson but no full refund of the amount is offered.
- It should be also ensured that payment is performed on time and that the amount due is transferred in full, i.e. in case any bank charges deducted from the amount to be transferred, please increase that amount accordingly.
After the booking and payment have been made, there is no refund except in exceptional cases. Any requests for refunds or credits will be treated case by case and at the discretion of the Going English Manager.
Exemptions from this policy are:
- Serious illness (e.g. hospital admission or serious injury)
- Loss or bereavement – a close family member.
- Hardship, trauma – e.g. victim of crime, traffic accident, etc.
- Cases that can be unanimously classified as force majeure cases.
The lesson can be cancelled 24 hours prior to the class without any additional cost. A student can cancel the lesson on Going English website or by informing his/her teacher. Each student has two free makeup classes per year, no matter what the reason is. The first two instances will not be charged. Once a student has used up two free replacement lessons, she/he may use the pass for any of the following situations:
– Planned absence:
- If a student cancels at least 24 hours in advance of the class no fee will be charged. It can be done on Going English website (through his/her account) or by informing his/her teacher.
- If a student cancels with less than 24 hours’ notice (up to 4 hours before the start of class), 50% of the class price will be charged – if a student knows she/he will miss a class and wants to attend another time as a makeup, the teacher must be informed about it. 50% of the lesson price will be charged. A makeup class will cost 50% of the regular lesson price. The deadline for a makeup is 7 days.
– Unplanned absence or late cancellation – in case of no show or late cancellation (less than 4 hours before class time), the total price of the lesson will be charged.
A makeup class costs 50% of the regular lesson price. The deadline for a makeup is 7 days.
Going English Agnieszka Glaczynska
Tax ID number: PL7891728415
Cookies allow Going English to store and recover information. A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a website which is stored in the user’s browser so that the website can check the user’s previous browsing activity. Cookies can expire at the end of a browser session (when you close your browser) or after a certain period of time. The technology we use and the steps you can take to avoid these features are described below:
- Going English may use tracking technology to find out if its users saw an advert elsewhere and then visited the website.
How to disable cookies or other types of tracking technology
For further information on cookie settings, go to the following links:
- For Google Chrome, click here
- For Safari, click here
- For Internet Explorer, click here
- For Mozilla Firefox, click here
If you use another browser, Going English recommends that you consult the different cookie management options for this browser.